Saturday, 16 June 2018

Improvement

This past week was a better week.  I made a conscience effort to remain positive and work hard at doing a good job.  My crew worked very hard and I really enjoy their company and their dedication.  We have our staff party tonight which I am really looking forward to.  I am really thankful for the job I have and think tonight will be a good opportunity to interact with those I spend most of my time with. 

My mind has slowed down a lot and my mini depression seems to have subsided.  I had difficulty last night as I could not stop thinking about something in my mind.  I always make things out to be worse than they actually are in reality.  I go to worst case scenarios and that thought process is something I am still working on.  I do have counseling next week which I believe will be helpful for me. 

I did open up about my illness a bit which was a risk for me.  I am never sure how others will take it but, I thought it was important after the previous week as my bi polar definitely impacted those around me.  I want so much to be successful and I am determined to overcome challenges that I face on a daily basis.

I did the pruning at my place last weekend.  I love pruning more than anything else.  If I was ever able to open up my own company,  that is what I would focus my business on.  Part of what I struggle with is that my mind is rarely not trying to manage my thoughts and mood.  When I prune,  my mind is peaceful.  It is just myself and whatever plant, shrub or tree that I am working on.  I am thankful to my old boss for giving me the abilities I have.

I managed to get a good night sleep and I am hoping to have a great weekend. I am making my dad breakfast for fathers day and then we are going to go fly some kites if the wind cooperates.  I love my dad dearly and am grateful to him for all the love, support and encouragement he has shown me.

I hope this finds you well.  Enjoy your weekend.  Take care,  Shawn.

 “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
― Mahatma Gandhi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.